Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Scrappy Houses...

...are together! Allowing for the 14 hour time difference between the US and Pyeongchang, by now, the Olympic flame has been officially extinguished. Here, we will be able to view the closing ceremonies later this evening...and I can say that I met my goal of getting this little quilt together...




with a few exceptions...Cannot decide on a border...not sure of what kind of fabric and/or whether to add some appropriate applique. Whatever the decision, it will not include more paper piecing...my fun meter has been pegged for a while using that technique!


Additionally, a few seams on the back have been flipped while sewing & need to be “unflipped” and all the papers need to come off - a messy job and best done outside on the deck, on a warm day in Spring, with a tasty drink in hand...With a couple of feet of snow on that deck though...it is going to be awhile!
Then a good pressing - hard to do with all the papers still in place. And finally some kind of quilting...
But for now, I can clean up the sewing room. A bag of scraps has been organized and ready for donation to our guild and the bins that everything sat in since 2012 are empty.
On to the next project...
Whew!
Pat

7 comments:

  1. I love this top, so warm and folk-art inspired, but I sure don't envy you taking off all those papers! I can understand your hesitation to add any more foundation pieced borders! It will be a treasure when it is finished though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't envy you the job of removing all the papers. But using paper piecing has made for a very neat looking neighborhood. I like house quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I foundation piece small quilts, but I cannot fathom having done this--or having all those papers to remove!! Kudos to you for accomplishing this! It is wonderful, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and charming village you have created! The addition of the pine trees was an excellent idea. Oh my! There are a lot of papers to remove, I do not envy you that task.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Good for you for meeting your goal. It looks great. I am sure you are glad to have it done and to have a few bins empty. That's always a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew is right. But you win the gold in finishing all that paper piecing. My fun meter would have been broken a long time ago, but you persevered!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness--that's a lot of paper piecing! Congrats on a true "olympic" finish! Love the setting. Have fun removing all those papers :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!