Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Monday, April 2, 2018

Giving winter the boot...

....at least we had hoped so...Mr. Outback had enthusiastically started to dismantle our old deck in preparation for a long delayed remake...but this Easter has brought at least 8” of the new white stuff with blustery winds and plunging temperatures. And tonight 8-10” more...Such is the way things are at the edge of the northwoods. Any bunnies are hunkered down in their burrows instead of delivering Easter baskets.

Meanwhile, our holiday kitchen was in full swing with our dear daughter-in-law helping to cook up the traditional Easter dinner.

And I so appreciated the assistance as this annoying boot has to be on my foot for about 3 weeks...


just as the pneumonia was disappearing, the main tendon that attaches to the ankle became inflamed and had made walking near on impossible. If the boot does not help, then a hard cast will be put on - not something I want at all...ugh!
So, under doctor’s orders for ice and resting the foot...it does mean some extra sewing time which I suppose is the silver lining in the clouds. Working on the Brimfield Block project - appliqueing the rings to the backgrounds...

And being able to sit at the sewing machine means some simple piecing can be done and finding more puppies looking for their ears...
While I appreciate the time available to do some fun sewing, I am not a person who normally sits much of the day and it has all ready started to lose its charm...
Spring cleaning will just have to wait and I am trying hard to follow doctor’s orders because, despite the new snow, garden season is not that far off...
Have a good week everyone!
Pat

10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your foot. Hopefully lots of stitching projects will keep you distracted and you will be rid of that boot before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief girl! I know being able to sit and sew sounds like heaven, but when there are things that need to be done and you are itching to do them, I feel for you. I hope this tendon heals real quick for you. You don't want to set yourself back any, so do as the doctor says. It's too cold to go outside anyways. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had help with Easter dinner!
    Hope the boot helps and you heal up nicely!!
    I can relate to the "not a person who normally sits much of the day", but that is exactly what I am doing now, too--and trying to be good about doctor's orders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep following those Doctor orders. Hopefully, you'll be high stepping soon. Hard to believe you got more snow! Things should green up before you know it. Enjoy your stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cover photo! That tea set looks just like one my mom won at a county fair when she was about 18 years old - that would be around 1938. It also came with 4 or 5 cups and saucers, and I remember it being in my grandmother's china cabinet when I was small. My daughter used to have tea parties with her best friend when she was little, and she is now the permanent custodian of the set. I do hope that tendon heals quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sincerely hope this boot will help and you will be in full swing again when the temperature rises and the outdoor-activities will begin. Stay calm, stitch on and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your foot injury. That boot certainly looks very uncomfortable.
    I hope you heal quickly without need of a cast!
    Love your Brimfield blocks. Hoping Spring arrives at your door soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to wear a boot just like that years ago / I understand the frustration ! :)

    Cold and blustery winds and a mix of rain and snow here in PA

    Beautiful Brimfield block / another quilter that I follow ( Karen's Quilting ) is making those as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you had some help with Easter dinner! Hope your foot heals soon and that you enjoy the extra sewing time--even if it means not being up and about :) Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been in "the boot" before and know how frustrating it can be. Listen to orders, it's worth it in the end.
    Accept the help, I'm sure J. Enjoys being able,to,help.
    Sweet projects, enjoy every stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!