Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Friday, July 20, 2018

Rainy day quilter...

With a much needed all day lovely and gentle soaking rain...this gardener is “forced” to stay inside.
Found a recent quote...”God made rainy days so gardeners could get housework done.” Let’s get our priorties straight though...housework? Not so much...a little quilting...that’s better...
Finally got all the foundation papers pulled off the back of that Scrappy Houses project...into the waste can they went...

Now everything is layered and under the walking foot of my machine...Have switched from the gardening gloves to my purple Grab A Roos...simple quilting going on...just stitching down the middle of the narrow sashing...

As each row is being quilted, I can’t help but revisit some of those little 3” houses...from our former President’s face peering out the window (Barbara Brackman did a Print on Demand fabric offering a few years ago and I have a fat 1/4 which was longing to be used) to houses with scissors, crickets playing pool, pumpkins on the roof and a sweet little dog...no two houses are the same and many have a personal sentiment to me.

Nice to have a slower day indoors...Pandora music tuned in, the pups curled up snoozing nearby and with an opened window...the sound of the rain...you can almost hear the earth offering up Thanks!!
Wishing each of you a pleasant weekend and remember to take time to listen to the quietness of Nature.
Pat

9 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be doing housework either. But then, I wouldn't be doing gardening to take a break from. LOL!
    I was looking at all the windows and doors on your houses. Such interesting focus fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...yes....the sound of a rainfall is just so wonderful. I am with you though.....housework would not be on my list of things to do if I were stuck in the house. Enjoy reliving your little houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute saying. :)
    I love a good rainy day when I can stay home and stay in! But housework wouldn't top my list, either.
    We haven't had a rainy day for a long time now.
    Oh, you had fun with the fussy-cut doors and windows. It draws you in, when you notice the cute things looking out at you, you want to look for more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is so peaceful today. Loved peeking in the windows of your houses. It's a beautiful neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect rainy day! :) we've had a bit of a dry spell and rain is expected but 'scattered storms' often means we don't get any. I just watered my tomatoes ; the rain should come now ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post!!
    I too love the sound of the rain, perfect stitching days.
    Your houses are each little treasures, so fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love rainy days, too. So peaceful! Your little houses are so cute with lots of wonderful fabrics and memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quilting and listening to nature. It doesn't get any better than that! Love those little houses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a relief to have all those paper bits off! Love your little houses with all the little surprises in the windows and doors. Thanks for the mention of the Grab a Roo gloves, I am going to try a pair.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!