Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

OMG success!

https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2018/10/one-monthly-goal-october-finish-link-up.htmlMy suitcase is about packed; the projects are organized; ...5 days of blissful quilting at our Annual Fall Retreat...catch up times with friends who I don’t get to see often enough. Oh how I always look forward to this “mini-vacation”. Our son and daughter-in-law have just returned from Italy and while they were gone, I tore the house apart for Fall Cleaning and even got an old cupboard painted in the great room. The black finish lost its charm a long time ago and living in a log home with so much wood made me want something lighter...This will be the last go round for redoing - I think a new replacement is in the future...
Before...

After...doors on, cookbooks reorganized and everything back in place (oh yes...that is the Packer game on TV - unfortunately they lost to the Rams :-(
Now that committment I made back at the beginning of the month when linking up to Patty’s OMG...
The plan was to have all 143 blocks pieced, squared up and placed in order ready to sew at the retreat
This is an 8 year old project and needs to be wrapped up...
Ta da....mission accomplished...

Oh, my other “personal” goal for this month that I mentioned in my last post...when I joined Weight Watchers (now renamed Wellness Wins) last February, the decision was made not to set myself up in a target goal which could turn out to be unrealistic or in the end, making me feel like a failure. I chose, as a first level to reach, 40 pounds in weight loss. Not sure why - it seemed less intimidating then saying 50 pounds. This month it is now official - my goal of 40 pounds lost has been reached plus a little more. I have been slower than some in our group but whatever I am doing is working for me and that is what counts. It is not a race and everyone is different. I now have set a new level to reach knowing it is possible and enjoying clothes shopping again along with new energy and confidence. Being at the Retreat will be a challenge with all the goodies everyone brings to share but hoping that I will “stay the course” and focus on healthy choices.
Something I thought you might be interested in - our guild does a Friendship Block throughout the year - if you win, you get all the blocks and are then responsible for arranging the next go round. I have won before but still enjoy making blocks to add to the mix. I thought this particular block was striking. It is quite large with nice size pieces and the instructions called for batiks. It will finish to 14”. Looks like a great way achieve a large quilt with easy piecing. Somebody will get some nice blocks with a good range of batiks...

All for now...will report back on any progress made while at Retreat...
Wishing you all a good week.
Pat

9 comments:

  1. Your "new" old cupboard looks terrific with it's updated finish! I love log homes, have never lived in one though we looked longingly at some models many years ago when we had not two nickels to scrape together. Our little old farmhouse/cabin has a lot of nicely aged knotty pine on the walls so I'm happy. That is a lovely block, and will make a great quilt for donation or to keep. Have fun at your retreat - five whole days of sewing! And lastly, congratulations on achieving your weight goal, I know how difficult that can be, it has taken me a year to drop six pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting all those blocks ready. That was a lot of work.
    I am sad that I will miss the Shipeshewana retreat this fall, but I am taking a bunch of Dear Daughter blocks with me to applique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe you got all that done "before" retreat. The cupboard looks great. I wish you a happy and successful retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations with your weight loss with WW. I'm a WW graduate too. It's not easy, but you've been very successful. Enjoy your retreat. You're going to have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new cabinet look! Really nice!
    We almost built a log home, but ended up in a dome instead. I have wood trim, cabinets and furniture wherever I can.
    The project you are taking to retreat looks amazing. Can't wait to see it all put together.
    Congrats on the weight loss!! You have made incredible progress in that area. I have taken the whole year to lose 21 pounds. Would like to lose 4 more before the year is over, but don't know if that is realistic with the holidays coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look amazing! Thanks for linking up to Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cabinet is beautiful! Turned out wonderful. Love those blocks and I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Have a wonderful time at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love the cupboard make over. I have got my friend to help me with my place and the de cluttering continues. Feels good to shed what we don't need. Weight included. HUGE bravo to you, continue the journey of good health and eating habits. and remember, we are not perfect, but every day we get up and have the ability to do better than the day before! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you are on a roll! I love how your cabinet turned out. Congrats on meeting your goal at WW! I can't wait to see your finished quilt :) Have fun at the retreat.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!