Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

November progress...

Here at Taylorsoutback, the days are busy as we head into Thanksgiving week...I came across a list that serves as a solid reminder of the blessings in my life (found on Pinterest, of course!)

When I read the daily reports of what many California folks are enduring with all the fires, our snow covered countryside is certainly something to be thankful for.

Just a quick posting this time around - I continue to make good progress on my Redwork blocks for the November OMG and will share that at the end of the month.
Wish I had a bigger photo of the flannel quilt, made for our David and Jena, that is now finished. While at my recent retreat, the binding was completed and the quilt is now being enjoyed and especially welcomed for its extra warmth on our cold November nights. Winter has definitely arrived early...

A close up of the long arm quilting that was done - love the diagonal lines and all those “bubbles”!
Rhonda used Quilter’s Dream batting and the quilt is also backed in a coordinating flannel. It finishes to 94” X 104”.



Also gifted this sewing notions tray to my dear friend, Connie, who drove up from southern Wisconsin for our Retreat...don’t get to see her often enough! This was fun to make using hand-dyed wools - have not worked with wools very much. Her favorite candy bar is a Bun bar...so just had to include a few of those along with the chunky pincushion which is stuffed with crushed walnut shells.





And, also, another idea brought home from retreat...this inexpensive LED lighting strip (again - Amazon comes through!) which mounts on my sewing machine and provides wonderful additional light...much needed for these 74 year old eyes...it even comes with a dimmer switch...That’s about it for now...back to those redwork blocks...the clock is ticking!

I hope each of you also have all 10 things on that list at the top.
Happy stitching!

Pat

7 comments:

  1. love your wool projects. I bet it is cold in WI now as it has been mighty chilly here in the upper south. All these retreats quilters mention sounds like fun- I have never been to one. Love the large quilt and the quilting on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite quilt to cover up with is a flannel quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful reminders about the blessings we have relieved. Fabulous modern quilting on a warm flannel quilt. A Bun candy bar. I haven't seen that in years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder of how blessed we are! Very timely, and made me pause and consider how much I have to be thankful for!
    That quilt looks absolutely inviting--and the quilting is very fun!
    You made a very special gift for your friend. And including a favorite candy makes it extra special! LOL
    I have considered getting one of those light strips. They sure look like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so blessed. Thanks for sharing that. I love your flannel quilt. The quilting is wonderful also. Bring it to life. Your friend is blessed to have a friend like you. That sewing notions tray is fabulous and beautiful. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Don't gobble to much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with you....we are blessed. Here in MI we don't have wild fires, mud slides, earthquakes, dust storms, hurricanes. I guess I can put up with some snow once in awhile and an occasional tornado warning. On this chilly day I can just feel the warmth of your flannel quilt coming through. I am sure it is really appreciated. Now tell me....is that computerized quilting? those circles look perfect. The notionsn tin is adorable. Lucky lady. I am going to have to go and check out those light strips. Sounds like something I could use. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your project dedication has really paid off. The cupboard turned out great and looks like an ideal fit for the space.
    Love the diagonal bubbles and lines in the quilt for your kids, so snuggle and warm.
    The sewing basket is super fun, love the wool with tin. Chocolate has to be the perfect finishing touch for any gift!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!