Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Friday, April 17, 2015

Trying to get caught up...

Being so far behind makes me feel like this little one - Trying so hard to keep up with everything...

Our Wisconsin winter is finally leaving - lovely bare ground, daffodils budding out and prepping the raised beds for the garden season. Geese nesting on the pond, amidst a chorus of spring peepers, ducks visiting, deer moving about and a beautiful Mama bear and her 3 roly poly cubs strolling across our south field this week...I love this time of year when everything seems to be in movement...

The lure of the outdoors is too much...by the time I am through playing in the dirt, staying awake in the evening when finally sitting down presents a challenge...but there is stitching to be caught up on -

January through April blocks done for my Benjamin Biggs Wedding quilt...so tickled to be caught up...

...and happy to be back working on Di Ford's Mystery quilt - Mountmellick EPP 'ing (36) 6 pointed stars is slow going but satisfying...

Wishing each of you moments to get caught up - this morning the gardens are calling and a trailer load of compost to pick up...if only I could be in 2 places at once!

Pat

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. I like the fabrics you are using for the Benjamin Biggs blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all wish we had clones. Glad to see you are still accomplishing what I think is quite a bit in your sewing. I, also, realize after the winter we have had, we all want to be in this beautiful weather that we are having and we are torn between being inside quilting or outside enjoying (even if it is working) the beautiful weather. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your BB blocks are so beautiful--excellent work!
    Every year as Spring arrives I groan. I love being out in my garden, but I have never completed the projects I had hoped to finish during winter and I know the addition of yard work will leave me feeling overwhelmed. You seem to have a much more realistic attitude about it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are looking lovely. I'm happy to hear you're enjoying some Spring weather and time in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Spring too! Just waiting for it get here! Your BB blocks are just beautiful! So glad you have had some stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all feel like your cute picture at times. So much to do or at least we feel like there is so much to do. Your BB are awesome and I know how long it takes to do the different parts on Di's mystery, but just keep plugging along. Enjoys the moments you get to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your BB are wonderful. And I see you are an EPP-er, too. I love EPP, so when I decided to start making more miniature quilts, I thought I'd EPP them (my piecing isn't precise enough to make teeny tiny blocks without some kind of help).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Ben Biggs blocks!
    They really are gorgeous! Congratulations on being all caught up with them. (I'm way behind)

    Looking forward to seeing your Di Ford mystery quilt as you progress along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your BB blocks.
    I had a terrible time with all those EPP stars on that last border. Yours are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your spring weather continues!
    Love your BBiggs blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can relate to that picture! Lovely BB blocks together. Have fun with the garden mulching - always feels so good when it is done!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!