Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Rainy Sunday Stitching....

...what a treat to have the feet up & quilting in the middle of a chilly, rainy (but much needed) Sunday afternoon.

One border completed and working on the 2nd...

Not feeling at all guilty for taking this time following all the prep and take down of our 3 day garage sale. Thankfully, we had a nice response and the house feels a little lighter. A lot of work though and glad to have it wrapped up!

So for now, with a slow cooking brisket in the oven and a steady rain fall outside, I am in a good place quilting away...and anticipating Skype time with our Alaskan kids.

Hoping each of you are enjoying some quality stitching time.

Pat

 

12 comments:

  1. Perfect way to relax after all the work of your garage sale! Sounds so cozy with the rain falling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect Sunday. I imagine that rain is heading our way. I think tomorrow's forecast has rain. Glad to see you are starting the home stretch on BTCT. I am sure you are getting excited about that and maybe a little sad that it is all done. I know I felt that way after working on mine for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precioso. Y que gran momento esa tarde de domingo lluvioso acolchando....supongo que has disfrutado de lo lindo..

    Saludos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had some rain this weekend and I did just the same - hand quilting seemed just the thing! Your stitching is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you have found the perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon. This project is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had some rain today too, and I put in about 2+ hours on my hand quilting BTCT. I'm still working on the outside round of blocks, but I have most of the border appliqued pieces outlined. Did you see Faye's great news on her BTCT? So happy for her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the perfect afternoon after a busy weekend. I love seeing hand quilting progress! Feel free to send some rain my way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like perfect quilting weather

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you have the ideal day planned. Sounds lovely!
    Isn't Skype great for those far away loved ones? We Skyped my "across the country" daughter last night and I was recalling going away to college and pinching pennies to make one very brief long distance call home each month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the perfect day. Glad you hard work with the sale was worth it.
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you love perfect days like that. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love rainy days when I can sit and stitch and not feel like I need to be doing something else.
    I am so impressed by you beautiful hand quilting on Cherry Trees.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!