Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Postage Stamp Dolly Quilt

In addition to everything else going on in the sewing room during the Olympics, joining in on Wendy’s -
The Constant Quilter challenge to do a small quilt each month...I know, right from the start, there will be times, when that goal will not be met.
However, it got me to thinking about what could be pulled from the back of the quilting cave...there are a couple of small, dolly size, quilt tops that just need some additional work, sandwiching, simple quilting and binding.
Here is February’s challenge...


I cannot remember how long ago this was started...has to be at least 9-10 years. It was one of the rare times when I actually hand-pieced blocks. My eyes cannot deal with quilting on black fabric that has a pattern, so just some basic straight line machine quilting is what happened. I call it Done!
I even found the original little templates and directions - the blocks finish to 4”.
Moving on ahead...scrappy houses are done and working on my little forest of trees...
Happy stitching!
Pat

10 comments:

  1. A great little finish! Love a little basket quilt.
    I'm trying to keep up with Wendy's challenge, too. Thinking I should dig out something that I can finish up, as well, because halfway through the month is not a good time to start something new. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Makes me think that this is the way to go since I have not more room for quilts in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute blocks, and it's a cute quilt. I love little baskets of any kind. I have a lot of baggies of blocks and should follow your lead and get in on that challenge. Those little quilts can go so many places that the larger ones can't. I have them on tables and rolled up in baskets. I'm on my way to check out the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the real postage stamps with the basket design printed on them. Nice choice of block for a mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt cave contained a little treasure. That little basket block has always been a favorite of mine. Doing a doll size quilt is perfect way to enjoy the block, hand piece it and do a bit of machine quilting. It turned out super sweet. I'm glad you're joining in too. It will be fun to see how we each do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! Another project done :) That's what I'm trying to do for those little monthly quilts, too--finish a small UFO or start with a leftover block or two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those templates look great! I love that little pattern and drafted one similar from an antique doll quilt I own. I think it's the chunkiness of the handles that make it so cute. I'd love to join in making a little quilt each month - I know I have the UFOs for it. But, I'm stuck stitching, stitching, stitching on applique borders for a raffle quilt. So hard to stick to it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely little basket quilt! I wonder what else you found in the quilting cave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH wow! THis is wonderful! Now I really need to learn how to do the link up thing. I will edit my post to include this, but I want to link them all together. I just love this one!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!