Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Empty spools...

....well - one empty spool...the quilting on my Beyond the Cherry Tree quilt is slowly progressing. Just finished using a spool of #16 J & P Coats hand quilting thread. How old is that ??? Don't think they have that color anymore or at least that number. Not too worry though as I have 1 more matching spool and with the quilt well over half way finished, there should be enough. I even thought to bring it along...so quilting continues as we head homeward...

Can you believe it is September all ready? There are touches of gold along the Alaska Highway and our fleece jackets felt cosy as we made our way through the Muncho Lake and Toad River area yesterday...

East of Muncho Lake, high on the Alaska Highway
One of my favorite areas - the turquoise blue waters of the Toad River

Hope you are enjoying this long holiday weekend.


Pat in Dawson Creek, British Columbia - Mile 0 of the Alaska Highway

 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and beautiful views. Keep enjoying your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilting--and well over halfway done? That must feel good!
    Beautiful sites. Would love to see this area myself someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely views and a quilt to work on......happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish there was an edit button! I wanted to add beautiful quilt, but I would be stabbing myself if I had that scenery to look at while stitching! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home Pat. I'm sure your trip to Alaska was full of memory-making adventures. I know you left a piece of your heart there again, too.
    Now you can relax and enjoy those memories. We missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the other comments. Everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home! You had such a beautiful trip, all those memories. Now I bet you will have some new ideas for quilts with colors of Alaska. Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my new seedlings. On to the winter we go....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!