Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Gardening vs. quilting...

...and right now, gardening and being outside are winning...

About the only kind of stitching going on takes place between raindrops. And there hasn’t been a whole lot of that until just yesterday. So I pick up a little knitted vest project that was started last Fall (in addition to being a slow quilter, count me a slow knitter too) and work a few rows....Isn’t that a cute little dumpling bag to hold a skein of yarn...Mimi over at Mimi’s Passions sent this. She is not only a prolific quilter but can knit faster then ever turning out beautiful projects.

Or prep a few little 1/2” hexies...

Or make more 1/4” stems for applique...

And then head right back outside to the gardens...at least the sage plants are looking happy...

And my potting shed has gone from this....(I know...shocking mess!)

To being able to walk into it without killing yourself...

And that is the way of things for now at Taylorsoutback...

See you later... (all signs and magnets from friends who make me smile!)

10 comments:

  1. My gardening activities are almost non existent right now. I sis water all the potted geraniums and hanging baskets yesterday before the rains last night. But we did get 200 large bales of hay baled ad wrapped. I hear they have had endless rain in Indiana this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ever have had a green thumb nor the desire to learn to have one. But I so admire those that do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks Pat. Love seeing that you are using your little bag. Your little magnets make me smile, too; and your little projects look pretty neat. I can't wait to see them progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun playing in the dirt, but even then, you've gotten some things prepped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to see your garden coming along!
    That is such a sweet little yarn bag from Faye.
    I'm so curious to see what you are making with that pretty applique stem work. And of course those tiny hexie's are darling. Enjoy these beautiful late Spring days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could be my text: more gardening than sewing done lately... and it is very hot over here in Holland as well. Your plants are looking very promising though and your pottingshed is so neat. And I am glad to see you had a little time for some sweet hexies and slim stems!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a true gardener! Absolutely love your potting shed. Glad to see you can squeeze in a few sewing/knitting projects, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your potting shed! Your photo number one looks like my sewing room right now. I can't seem to find time for gardening or stitching right now. I am woefully behind on my blog reading and I hope I haven't missed a May mini from you. I'll try to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am laughing so hard . . . wondering if I need a little color in my cheeks, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!