Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Eureka! Back to blogging...and summer days...

Well, it was a short hiatus afterall...things seem to be running as they should...
So no more whining and back to fun things...

First...are you having the same hot summer days as we are here at Taylorsoutback? Such a strange summer weather pattern...it is totally to be expected that we keep old sheets in the potting shed to protect the gardens from frost...but this is the first time ever that I brought out sheets to act as a canopy from the hot sun...I sure don’t want my lovely lettuces to bolt...


In the early morning hours or the cool of the evening being outside is perfect and we are enjoying the now completed deck...we have gone from a rustic look which worked well with the log exterior...but required high maintenance...


To being without a deck for months because of our contractor’s job backlog...


To the latest in composite decking, much more user friendly for its 74 year old home owners...



It is a great spot for tackling the dreaded job of finally removing all the papers from my Scrappy Houses project...or enjoying a morning cup of coffee..our Seana offering advice...


Summer days are in full swing now...the gardens are producing at long last; flowers are blooming, strawberries, blueberries and my favorite Rainier cherries are abundant...visitors to the house - not only friends and family but wildlife too...such a special time here at the edge of the Northwoods...

Hoping your summer days are filled with time to sit and enjoy the outdoors...

Pat





10 comments:

  1. The deck turned out great. Looks like the perfect place to take a stitch or two. So glad things are up and running again for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness- that porch- those lettuce plants- just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That deck is stunning - so inviting. You will enjoy many hours on it, I'm certain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to spend your summer days. Your garden is awesome. I think it's hot everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous of the log home. I have thought many, many times that a log home would be my style. I have heard that they do require a lot of maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear everything is running smoothly. Your garden is beautiful and your deck is so inviting! Enjoy these warm/hot summer days :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you are back to blogging so soon. :)
    Such a beautiful deck area. I love the rockers in the shady corner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great garden! I love your new deck, beautiful and practical is a winner all around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are back and that your blogging issues are fixed! What luscious looking lettuces! (Salads are my favorite) Your deck looks wonderful! A very pleasant place to sit and stitch, weather permitting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your deck area is perfect! Looks like Seana approves :)

    The lettuce is perfect!! The canopy idea is a good one. It's been very hot where I am here in the USA / so many heat waves I've lost count and I am ready for Fall already lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!