Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Friday, December 14, 2018

Stitching friendships...

For all of us who share the love of anything that includes needle and thread, fabric, yarn or canvas...receiving a handmade gift means that it is not only a reflection of the stitcher’s time but that it also comes with a treasured message of friendship.
Our group of Liberty Ladies, (where we study quilt-related topics and often focus on women who have made an impact in the history of our country, ) includes those who love to quilt, knit and/or cross stitch. My interests revolve around the first two needle arts but I never could grasp the technique of cross stitch. One of our members who does wonderful cross stitching has gifted each of us with a special Santa for a number of years. 2017 was my year to receive this delightful Santa from Joanne.

I love that he stands next to a treadle sewing machine - so like my Grammy’s...
Wanting to thank Joanne, I thought a little quilt was in order...what to do? Then a lightbulb moment...ah ha! I had finished Lori’s QAL (over at Humble Quilts) a while back - her Palmateer Point quilt. It just needed binding...


Done!
I hope Joanne likes it and knows that it comes with that special message of friendship...just as her Santa did for me...
Happy Holiday stitching everyone...10 days and counting down...
Pat

4 comments:

  1. What a delightful exchange for a special friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little Santa, a beautiful and thoughtful gift. Your version of Palmateer Point is also perfect for the season. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends are great, aren't they. Love both of those projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gift. I'm sure she will treasure your little quilt every bit as much. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!