Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Violets in the morning...

...the air is still cool, the grasses heavy with dew.. Deep in the surrounding woods dozens of birds announce the start of a new day and are not disturbed by our arrival....on a shade covered path in our south field, lies a cluster of perfect Spring violets...

They must be gathered quickly, for their appearance is a brief one.

Careful where you step...

My little companion, Seana, makes herself at home as I begin to pick each blossom...

And then lured by intriguing smells and interesting sounds, starts to explore her surroundings...

...and hearing something, lets her presence be known by a bark or two - a deer? A bear??

Hmmm... A bear?? I believe there are now 2 cups of blossoms as required - lets head back home...

Yes...2 very full cups...add 2 cups of boiling water and we will let this steep overnight...

What happens next....???

Pat

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Love the shot of the dear sheltie flying down the country path... how sweet! I can almost smell those violets too~~~~

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you do with them. Is there such a thing as violet jelly? Or maybe just violet water. When I was small my neighbor used to make sugared violets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued too. Violet tea? Fabric dyeing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. violets are so lovely and have such a pretty color and soft scent - what are you making? can't wait to see

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must have been such a lovely outing with your little sheltie. There's nothing like a walk when the dew is still on the grass. I look forward to seeing what you come up with........very curious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the end product, but this step was fun too! Love your companion! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!