Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Blogger Comments - not working

Going to step away from blogging for a while until Blogger can figure out how to fix the mess they have created with the comments/notification situation. I have tried the fixes suggested - it worked for a few days and then yesterday (6/26) the ability to have readers comment has disappeared all together. No comment box showing...I jumped in to the Blogger community forum for help and there are dozens of similar bloggers with the exact problem. I don’t know if this happened to just the 6/26 post and will find out by posting this short update...
Very frustrating!
I might be back eventually - maybe...meanwhile, making tiny hexies seems less problematic...

and you will often find me out in the garden...
(This Inge Look card makes me smile!!)
Happy stitching to everyone.
Pat

10 comments:

  1. Let's see if you get this comment - your comment box looks fine from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a comment a bit earlier. Hope you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see your comment box--and hope you are not gone for long, Pat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your frustration, but I think it is working. I'd sit in your garden any day; and I will even bring some knitting, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am WordPress and not Blogger but I did see this on another blog ( Fun with Barb ) ( though comments here seem to be working right now :)

    Yay! There seems to be a fix for blogger email connection to comments. I have heard of a couple but this is what worked for me:
    Open Blogger
    Click Settings
    Click Email
    Add your email to the box and SAVE CHANGES.
    If your email is there, like mine was. REMOVE IT - SAVE
    Close all windows
    Re-open Blogger
    repeat above then "add" your email and SAVE CHANGES
    Your should get an email to subscribe to "emails" in your email inbox. Follow email instructions and you should be good to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb - I hear that this fix has worked for quite a few bloggers. I have lost count of how many times I tried this though. The first time worked like a charm but then stopped after a few days. Now cannot get any results. Sitting tight until the IT people at Blogger come up with a solution...:-(

      Delete
  6. Please don't stop blogging because of the change. I don't expect a response when I leave comments. It is nice, but I'm sure people will understand given the situation.
    Happy stitching and digging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and your blogger problem. Luckily, the fix worked for me. I really enjoy your blog and hope you continue to share your sewing and gardening projects/thoughts with us :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!