Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Saturday, February 23, 2019

February OMG success...

With all the snow we have been receiving each week, one positive side affect is more time to stitch...in between making what feels like endless pots of soups and loading the rick on the porch with firewood.

As we draw to the end of February, I can check off another OMG and link up to Patty at https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2019/02/one-monthly-goal-february-finish-link-up.html
Old Glory is now together - all the raw edges are secured with Invisifil thread and the final little touches have begun...







Need to finish making more little blue berries and some last minute embroidered stars on a couple of the blocks...





In addition, there has been a few moments for reverse sewing on another little UFO - this is supposed to be a table cover and I would like to have it ready should Spring ever arrive here...but for now it is somewhat a jumbled mess...




As much as the little pink and green stripe appealed to me, it just would not play nicely when trying to line up green to green and pink to pink. And of course, I do not have enough leftover fabric to recut and try again. So have ripped the seams apart, picked out a substitute fabric which does not really thrill me, but it will have to do and am now reattaching everything again.  Those 30 degree and 60 degree mitered seams are kind of weird too. Probably a good thing that Spring is after all still a few weeks away...

I was thinking about going into a “whine” fest about how our less than 4 year old LG frig has quick working and a new compressor and mother board has been ordered and the contents of said frig are distributed in various coolers out in the garage along with the 2 freezers in the basement...but hey...in the scheme of things...it is minor...just inconvenient as the dickens and makes you wonder why manufacturers keep raising prices but the quality of their product doesn’t keep up. I love the French door design we have and all the good storage and accessibility...but am really questioning why something would fail after a short time...so there, I did end up whining...

In the meantime...wishing each of you smooth stitching and refrigerators that run just as smooth.

Pat
Patty’s February OMG

14 comments:

  1. Love the Old Glory Quilt! I am whining with ya, Sista! Spring is no where to be seen in my neck of the woods, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old Glory is just gorgeous, all those tiny blueberries, wow! Sorry to hear about your refrigerator, but at least it's winter and the food isn't spoiling. It's always nail-biting time when we need to purchase a new appliance. When we bought our dishwasher a couple years ago, the delivery/installation happened three times, yes they had to take back the first two because they were broken or didn't work, right out of the box. Ended up with a different brand. Our house came with a small Amana bottom freezer frig, now 20 years old, and I hope it never fails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our first fridge was still going strong after 34 years but I replaced it with a much bigger one 14 years ago. I have started packing my project boxes for Shipshewana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Glory is looking very good!
    Are you the one that told me about those Perfect Circles? When I was doing the center circles on my Mini Dresden quilt someone told me to get those and they are wonderful! Though I don't applique much, I bought the larger size circles, too. You never know when you might make a larger Dresden Plate quilt. :)
    Wow, looks like you are putting a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into this table cover. I hope you love it in the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little Americana quilt. I have done that very same swag border on one of mine. Keep your fingers crossed....Spring just HAS to come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Sorry about the frig! I guess you could pack it all in the snow on your deck? Lovely OMG finish, I can't imagine adding those berries!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are entitled to whine when it's only 4 years old! Hope the fix is quick and easy. Love your quilt - you do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that "Old Glory" quilt. I'm sorry to hear of your appliance problems. They are frustrating!! Who thought you would be thankful that it is still winter and you can at least keep things from spoiling - argh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Old Glory is "GLORIOUS"! Those tiny berries will be the finishing touch. How are you going to quilt it? Bummer about your frig. Those things drive me crazy. Sorry you've been reverse sewing. When I first looked at the photos my favorite fabric was the pink and green strip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on making the most of your sewing/snow time.
    Looks great!
    After three new houses in the last seven years....appliances are not what they used to be at any price point. Good luck with the repair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Old Glory is beautiful! Love my Perfect Circles, they are the best. Good luck with your Spring table cover, it certainly looks very Springy and fresh. Sorry to hear about your frig, I hope it is up and running soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember that patriotic quilt pattern. I wanted to make one several years ago. A local shop had a quilt made from the pattern and I saw it every time I walked in. I know you feel good getting it all put together.
    Are you sick, sick of all that snow?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing quilt top!!! Don't you just love those Perfect Circles templates? I was using mine just last night.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!