Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Monday, March 4, 2019

On reaching 75...

Last week, amidst all the snow and drifts, it occurred that I have now occupied a spot on this planet for 75 years...3/4’s of century...how are you supposed to feel, comes to mind?? No magical, wisdom filled answers here...just knowing that I am surrounded by loved ones, have friends near and far and can remember where I am going while walking (most of the time) is a blessing. My family made the day special...other than baking the Challah bread, everyone else did the cooking...

For Breakfast...

Stuffed (mascarpone) blueberry French toast made with my favorite Challah bread recipe and a rare slice of bacon...





(Nope...not counting the WW points for this!)

And for dinner that evening...

Made from scratch Bolognese sauce and freshly prepared pasta - so fun to make! (Oh no...no photo...too busy enjoying the dish!)

While I am sure this week’s weigh in will reflect the above delicious food...it was so worth it and I will get back on track...

Part of my birthday celebration included receiving a 23andMe DNA kit - I am so tickled and excited to get the results back...it takes about 6 weeks. 

https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2019/03/one-monthly-goal-march-link-up.html

Back in the sewing room - I am linking up with the March OMG over at Elm Street Quilts.
Someone I know is just beginning the difficult journey of chemo and I want to make a comfort quilt for her. Have found a very quick and simple pattern and will work from my stash using this floral as the focus along with a pink 9 patch that joins up with the blue sashing. 




The pieces are large and will go together quickly because a person just needs some comfort right away. So this project has jumped in front of everything else and will take priority this month. I think it is very doable. Hope I can find someone who can give it some overall quilting in a timely manner. 

That’s it for now - back to cutting strips of fabric...

Happy stitching everyone...

Pat 

15 comments:

  1. WELL HAPPY THREE QUARTERS OF A CENTURY ! ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Very Happy Birthday to you!! That Challah bread looks almost too pretty to eat. I bet it was delicious. Very thoughtful of you to make a quilt for your friend going through chemo. It will be a comfort indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful birthday celebration. Each day is a blessing. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately I have had occasion to make several comfort quilts for people facing tough illnesses over the years. The bright side of it is that I have always found it a lovely experience to spend time thinking about the person I am making the quilt for as I stitch. It seems like a good excuse to focus on why I am glad to have that person in my life. Congratulations on 3/4 of a century!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, happy belated birthday! Your Challah looks delicious! Looks like you had a lovely time of celebration. I'll be interested in seeing your newest comfort quilt as it develops. Your chosen fabrics are gorgeous! There is a piece of a similar focus fabric in my stash somewhere that I was wondering about turning into something wonderful (or at least functional!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful print. Your friend will love this quilt. Happy Birthday! Beautiful bread too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you! And swift sewing on the comfort quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely idea. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday. It looks as though you really enjoyed yourself. It's always a nice thing that we quilters can give someone we care for something made by our own hands. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Pat, and welcome to the club. I reached that milestone in December. Hard to believe! The fabric you are using in your comfort quilt will certainly bring a smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday! Your Challah looks divine! Glad you enjoyed a feast on your birthday! That "comfort" quilt will really brighten up your friend's day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a lovely celebration! Belated Happy Birthday!
    That is going to be a very beautiful comfort quilt. Love that focus fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!!
    Looks like it was wonderful.
    Your friend will love the quilt and all the loving thoughts that went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! Your friend will love the comfort quilt. Your fabrics are cheery and beautiful. Enjoy your birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bread looks delicious. And the red transfer plate so pretty.
    I did not understand the saliva box at first. I thought it looked like it must contain strips of fabric since it had those color bands on the lid. Then I finally got it.
    The bird fabric is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!