Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Monday, November 11, 2019

Back on track...sort of...

Hope this short post gives me the kick start needed to get back in to the sewing/quilting mode. After being in “wool acquisition” denial, I have caved in to this popular approach to stitching. For a couple of years, I vowed to not get drawn in - my friends would tempt me with their ongoing projects using gorgeously rich hand dyed wools and speak in another language with words such as Valdani threads, chenille or embroidery needles, Steam-A-Seam or Heat and Bond...who knew?
Then, a wonderful shop opened a few months ago nearby - only a 20 minute drive - The Woolgathering in Merrill, Wisconsin (check out Roxie’s photos on Facebook - she does beautiful work)
(No affiliation - just a happy customer!)

Sooo...am starting out on the small side...
From my newest favorite book - Bowl Me Over


Made the tiny Tree pillow first and then  - like potato chips when you can’t just eat one...


The original thought was to place these in one of our burl bowls that we brought back from Alaska...but obviously, things got out of hand and I am going to need a larger container - perhaps a basket?? 
Ok - then a delightful Santa caught my eye - 


He is in place on the background and I am ready to hunt through my embroidery flosses so the embellishments can begin.


And lastly - while at our annual Fall retreat a week ago, Roxie had little sheep kits prepared - so a lot of us gobbled those up and went home with our completed pin...

I may be in trouble here...but it sure is fun to be back on track...

Happy stitching everyone and have a good week!

Pat 






5 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun! I could easily be corrupted! I may have to get that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done a few wool projects and love how they come together. I haven't been to Roxy's shop yet but it is on my bucket list. Your stitches are beautiful! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you have been busy! Adorable. I can see how they would become addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little wool projects are wonderful! I hope you find the perfect little basket for them. Your Santa project is going to be lovely and just in time for Christmas. Have you decided if you like Steam-a-seam or Heat and Bond? I have started on a wool project, I haven’t gotten very far on it, I used Steam-Seam. I found it a bit thick to sew through, but then I am used to needle turn appliqué.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!