Sunset - June 2, 2020

Sunset - June 2, 2020

Monday, April 13, 2020

Oh what a difference...

...a week can make...Palm Sunday weekend found us clear of snow and ice everywhere and our son’s new Ooni pizza oven fired up...we have all been enjoying the results. From classic margharita pizza, supreme with everything on it, chipotle steak pizza...

and now...
Easter weekend arrives and we are totally covered in snow...but it doesn’t stop our Dave - he whips out a “winter pizza” - fresh pear, white cheddar, caramelized onions and a touch of rosemary...an amazing combination of flavors...We think he should open a pizzeria...

Dave Taylor image
(Dave Taylor image) 
Living in Wisconsin though always means April and even May can bring surprises. But it feels so strange to remember that only a few days ago, I was out puttering in the potting shed and had also actually accomplished some yardwork.  Oh well...there is always stitching...

More little bugs to be added...

I am very partial to any thing that has a buttery yellow color. My first kitchen was done in that color and my 42 year old Kitchenaid mixer is that color.
The palette has to be warm yellow and into butterscotch...you probably won’t find much of the bright lemon color around here.
A small collection of yellow-ware bowls is above the entry to our dining room ...
And these favorites keep watch over our dining room table...

So I could not resist this new piece of yellow wool - it will serve as a tablerunner background for my little wool sheep...
We had a quiet Easter dinner with everyone remaining healthy...a blessing indeed.

Have a good week, get some stitching done and stay safe at home.

Pat


2 comments:

  1. Never put your snow boots away until after Mother's day. That's the saying around here. What a fun oven. Those combos sound delicious. You have a beautiful collection of yelloware and your soft piece of buttery yellow wool is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a pizza oven like you show. How intriguing but I would have no use for one. But I wouldn't mind trying pizza made in one.
    I like yellow ware but I don't have any bowls. I do have Pfaztgraff America dishes (discontinued in the mid 90's) that are a yellow ware.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like the chocolate chips in cookies...they make my day!